ATTACHING AND REMOVING LENS
- Remove body cap and rear lens cap, if any.
- Align mounting index on lens barrel (red bead) with mounting index on lens mount (red dot).
- Insert lens bayonet into mount and turn lens clockwise until it locks in place with a click.
While pressing lens release, turn lens counterclockwise as far as it will go, then lift lens out of mount. When camera's meter is on and lens is removed, aperture display shows "--".
- When attaching and removing lenses, never touch anything inside the camera, especially the lens contacts or mirror.
- To protect lens contacts and lens elements, always attach body cap and lens caps whenever lens is not attached.
Care of glass surfaces
- Never touch lens elements or eyepiece with your fingers. If the lens becomes dirty, clean it gently with a lens brush. Only if necessary, moisten a sheet of lens tissue with one drop of lens-cleaning fluid. Then, starting at the center, use a circular motion to lightly wipe the glass surface.
- Never lift the mirror or touch its surface, as this may impair its alignment. Dust specks on the mirror's surface will not affect meter readings or picture quality; if they are annoying, have the camera cleaned at an authorized Minolta service facility.